Updated: Mar 16
So the heatwave is hitting us again and we all crave something quick, easy to eat, & fresh right?! – If you don’t love salads then you will after trying this one!
I made this one yesterday & the household loved it !! ♡
Ingredients (Serves 1)
– 1/2 a bag of mixed leaf salad.
– 1 handful of cherry tomatoes.
– 30g of goats cheese.
– 40g of brown rice.
– 20g of Quinoa.
– A small helping of fresh parsley.
– 1 Slice of lemon.
– Salt & Olive oil.
– Place the brown basmati rice into a saucepan & leave to boil for around 20 minutes, depending on which brand you use.
– Place the Quinoa into a saucepan, pour boiling water around 2cm above the Quinoa itself & leave to soak for a couple of minutes.
– Whilst waiting, prepare salad bowl by placing the mixed salad leafs into it.
– Then slice the cherry tomatoes & goats cheese, and set aside.
– Once the rice is cooked & drained, pop this on top of the salad along with the Quinoa.
– Now you’ll be ready to add the cherry tomatoes, goats cheese, parsley, and add a small pinch of salt, a drizzle of squirted fresh lemon, and olive oil.
Let me know how you get on with this one, or if you add your own twist on this delicious, healthy Summer Salad!